Christmas/New Year's Holiday 2009
Christmas is generally a pretty good time and it was this year, but for everyone who's lost someone, this is the time you miss them most. Three Christmases without Zach and the addition: 1st Christmas, 2nd Christmas, 3d Christmas -- it won't stop until we all join the Lord. The numbers weigh on me and I think I felt for the first time the anger that is suppose to be normal in grieving. I remain, however, mightily convinced this is God's perfect will for all of us. My verse for the New Year is "In everything give thanks for this is the will of the Lord for you," and I hope it will be an instrument of the Lord to keep me on the narrow path. I am sadder though at the emotional level. Was hard saying goodbye to Seth early this morning, and saying goodbye later at the airport for Alexa and I was particularly hard this time. Sam's leaving for college somewhere later this year seems to be always staring me in the face as well.
Bottom line, I think, is that if Zach were still here, we would all be more light-hearted! So, I want to repent of this heaviness of heart and embrace God's perfect will for all of us. I want to move forward into 2010 with the Spirit of the Lord, a spirit of triumph over evil and everything that sets itself up against the Word of God.
2nd Corinthians 10:3-5 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ
Who will say "Amen"?

1 Comments:
So sorry Alison. My heart goes out to you. I find strength in seeing yours.
Vonne
Post a Comment
<< Home