Singleness
With Sam heading off to college somewhere next year we assume, I've been thinking about wherever she goes may well be where she meets her husband, at least statistically. Which led me to thinking about the importance of singleness and how I wish I had concentrated on it before I was drawn into relationship. I say this because I think success in a long term relationship might correlate well with success as a single. As a Christian, I know that out of my realization of all that Christ has done for me should come a whole-hearted desire to please Him. Once in relationship with a spouse, you're concerned with meeting that other person's needs, you're affected by that person's response to you - approval/disapproval. You'll have good days and bad days depending on the other's moods even. I can't help but wonder if I'd had a period of singleness where I concentrated on God alone, without encumbrances, if I could have learned to love and rely upon Him more. Well, I'm working on it now, but then I forget, get up, try more. Either way, He loves me and I'm grateful He keeps the path lit before me and carries me even when I fall.
I know the secret to happiness. The secret is not doing anything, even following Christ, so that your life will be better. The secret is only caring to please the Lord because He is worth more than anything! Personally, I am so blessed to live on such a beautiful piece of property where every day I see the beauty of His creation which speaks volumes to me about the One who created it all.
An aid I picked up along the way from Christian author and speaker, Zig Ziglar, is the 4 C's:
Consider the choice
Compare it to Christ
Commit to God's ways
Count on His protection and provision.
I know the secret to happiness. The secret is not doing anything, even following Christ, so that your life will be better. The secret is only caring to please the Lord because He is worth more than anything! Personally, I am so blessed to live on such a beautiful piece of property where every day I see the beauty of His creation which speaks volumes to me about the One who created it all.
An aid I picked up along the way from Christian author and speaker, Zig Ziglar, is the 4 C's:
Consider the choice
Compare it to Christ
Commit to God's ways
Count on His protection and provision.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home