Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints." Psalm 116:15

Jacqualyn Wright Jan 7 1929 - Jan 18 2010
















Some of my earliest memories involve my Aunt Jackie, especially at Christmas -- she was a great cook, great gift giver, conversationalist, mother, wife, sister, and friend. She was an example of servanthood and she had the gift of hospitality. She loved deeply and whole-heartedly and had a wisdom that blessed me many times over the years. She always helped me to gain perspective on my own troubles and relationships and was an example in serving others and steadfastness in love. She knew everything about me, good and bad, and never judged me -- one reason she was so special. Her life wasn't perfect and she had some sorrows, and missed Uncle Russell so much after he died a few years back. I think God used her in my life many times, but one time was miraculous. It was after my first husband had died and I had returned to Frostburg State College to finish my degree. I had gone out with someone and had barely escaped from a very unpleasant experience and had just returned to my home where I lived alone. Very late at night and needing someone, I was surprised by the phone ringing, and it was Jackie. No explanation fits except that God moved her to call me in the middle of the night "just to talk" and help me to move on. Hearing that she was trusting in Jesus makes her passing a reason for celebration. This sermon I've linked to about how precious the death of the saints is to God by Charles Finney at a funeral in 1849, though long, is well worth reading!
THE DEATH OF SAINTS PRECIOUS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home